Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Little Bit About Myself

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you find this blog to be informative as well as entertaining.  I am an enthusiast of all things related to strength, physical lifestyle and athletic performance.   Right now I am working to open my own gym to train athletes and people who want to break away from the lazy and weak mold our society is conforming to.  Here I will share training information as well as things in my life that I feel will be valuable to you.

Below are some of my main values/beliefs that are important to me.  I wanted to put these out there so you can know a little bit about me and if I am the type of guy you want to follow or train with.  While this may not be a complete list this is what really sets my priorities.

All the motivation I need

1.      Family First.  I am married with 2 young boys and this means more to me every single day that goes by.  I have always loved my immediate family very much, but once I started to build one of my own the big picture became crystal clear.  My motivation in everything I do stems from them, without them I would be a far lesser man.


2.      Hard Working Blue Collar Mentality = Success.  I will never claim to be the smartest person around, but I know that nothing is more important than rolling up the sleeves and giving it your all.  My father is a huge influence on me in this regard, and one of my biggest goals is to be as a great provider as he was. 


3.      Everyone should be strong.  Physically and mentally strong, to me they are of the same importance.  When you are exercising both consistently you will be reaching your full potential.  This is something that is very important to me and I am trying to bring it to a balance in my life right now. 

16 years strong in the NBA
4.      Always have an open mind.  This is something that I am lucky to have naturally, I am pretty sure I have my mother to thank for this one.  If you are not open to new things how will you ever learn and evolve as a person.  I have changed my mind on certain points of views and will several more times before my life is over.  Bottom line is there is no best way, everything has its place.  To finish with a quote from Bruce Lee "Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own"


5.      The Golden Rule: Treat others as you would like to be treated.  In my opinion this should be at the top of everyone’s list.  It has been around forever and should be around forever.

Now that you know that about me I also want to tell you a where I get my motivation to help athletes reach their full potential.  On a side not before I begin, although I am going to talk about athletes here I also want to let you know that even if you’re playing days are through it does not mean the training should stop.  If you don’t take care of your body it is not going to take care of you, besides that we need to be role models for the youth.  Now I need to save some of this for another post, but if I can get a few slouches to turn into a strong man or woman I feel that is a great accomplishment.
The reason I want to help athletes reach their full potential is simple; I never reached my full potential in my playing days.  This used to be a big regret for me the few years after my college football career was over.  But regrets are nothing but a waste of time and I am starting to really understand that at this point of my life.  So instead of thinking of this as regret I use it as motivation to prevent this from happening to someone else.
Not easy but neccessary
Earlier I said I did not reach my potential in my playing days.  I say this because after graduating I went to a few combines and try outs and in this time I was able to reach the best physical condition in my life, I was stronger and faster than ever and even more confident.  I was able to make my best gains by working with an excellent trainer in one of the best gyms in the country, and these experiences were priceless to me for what I want to do now. 
Now nothing ever came of these try outs in terms of making any teams, I guess my 40 yard dash time was not fast enough, I did not hit enough reps in bench press test or because I came out of a small school.  Whatever the reason may be the biggest factor was I started taking training seriously too late.  I was always good throughout high school and college but not great.  After my first try out I decided to play a year of semi pro to keep myself from getting rusty.  During this season I never felt so good playing and I knew if I had been working this hard all along I would have been a much better player in my earlier years.
It is my goal to prevent people from missing out on what they can be and to pass on what I have learned because it is my duty, as others have passed onto me.
Thank you for taking time to read this and please begin follow.
Sincerely,
Michael Peshler

1 comment:

  1. Love the site… having spent many years and countless hours with “Big Mike” on and off the field, in and out of the weight room, in and around the classroom I can attest to the hard work and extreme discipline that this individual obtains. Mikey Peshler as I refer to him, is a true gentleman class act and positive force of energy at all times. Michael is extremely dedicated to his family and loved ones, he provides great knowledge in “TEAM activities” such as weight lifting, and how to properly take care of your mental and physical states of mind. I have learned many of things from this man and am most gratefully humble for not only the knowledge I have taken from him but also his dedicated friendship that I can always count on.

    ReplyDelete