Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Comeback Mode Is In Full Effect

A couple blog posts ago I went into a little bit of how disappointed I am in myself for not staying on top of my physical condition, and I mean every aspect of it strength, conditioning, eating etc…  So from this point on I am going to post all of my workouts so you can see how I get back on track.
This way I can show exactly how I progress and how you can as well if you are in a slump or just need a fresh start.
Right now I plan to do all my sessions in my basement, convenience is one reason the other reason is I do not have a lot to work with down there and will have to focus on mostly body weight exercises.  I believe this to be one of the best way to get back into the swing of things.  I need to build up that force field of core strength that everyone needs before the get into the real heavy stuff. 
Now I understand that these videos and posts may not be as impressive as the 300 pound overhead presses or 800 pound squats.  But, I do feel that you can learn a lot more from what I will show you.
Most people who post videos of themselves training want to wait until they are real strong so they can show off to everyone.  The look at me guys, you know the type.  That is not what lifting should be about for me it is to be strong for myself because it feels damn good and my family so I can protect them or get them out of a bad situation fast.
I also want YOU to be strong. 
All the workouts I have done are the same week to week, the only thing that changes are the reps or weights.  All going up of course.
Below is the intro followed by the breakdown of the workout with links to YouTube for a video of the exercise I am performing.  Let me know what you think enjoy.  As I go along these will get better and better I promise, super new to this and will only get better.


COMEBACK WORK OUT #1
A1. Blast Strap Push Ups - 13 x 10 x 9 (32) = total reps
Pull Ups * (I did each set of pull ups right after every set throughout the entire session)
3 sets 2 x 1 x 1
A2.  Lunges w/ Kettle Bells - 11 x 7 x 7 (25)
Pull Ups 1 x 1 x 1
B1.  Rear Lateral Raises 5lbs – 11 x 10 x 9 (30)
Pull Ups 1 x 1 x 1
B2.  Squats w/ Kettle Bells – 8 x 10 x 11 (29)
Pull Ups 1 x 1 x 1
C1.  Russian Twist 45lb Plate – 18 x 14 x 14
Pull Ups 1 x 1 x 1
C2.  Pinch Farmers Walks 20lbs each hand x 6 trips, 30lbs each hand 4 x 4
Pull Ups 1 x 1 x 1 (19)



Stay Strong and Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment