Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Training With the Weather and a Cool Snow Hill I Built for My Son

Not quite that bad this year but close!!!!!
The wonderful months of winter in the Northeast?  I have lived in the northeast of the United States my entire life I grew up in New Jersey moved to Massachusetts half way through High School, went to prep school in Maine than college in Connecticut and now I am settled back in Massachusetts.  So I am used to my full 4 seasons.
We have received a lot of snow fall over the past week, that combined with my parents getting their big house ready for sale and helping 2 other friends move into their condo I have been busy with some physical stuff outside of training.
Because of that I have cut back on my actual training, shoveling snow and moving old heavy awkward objects can defiantly be a workout.  Besides a little lower back pain from so much activity I am defiantly benefiting from relaxing on the training.
This is more important than people realize, if I tried to work out the days of these snow storms and even big moving ordeals not only could my form suffer from already working my muscles and risk injury I just could not give it all my energy. 
So I am trying to get wiser as my years pass, right now I am just training for me not a competition or sport so I just mark these events as training days and make sure I recover well before hitting the gym.
When you do not have a snow blower and have to clear a huge deck along with the drive way, believe me that is a workout.  The past two snows have left me wiped out after shoveling.  But I will tell you what, I have a son who is almost 3 and that makes the snow fun again.  Check out the video below and the hill I made off the back stair case of my deck.
The neighbors were over and not only did the kids enjoy it but us adults took a few trips as well.  Just some more evidence on why you should keep yourself in shape for your kids.  It took some extra effort for sure but not only was I building something cool for my son I was getting in one hell of a workout.
Check it out


No comments:

Post a Comment